Diversity & Inclusion
I want to make philosophy bigger. This means: (a) promoting diversity (racial, gender, income, etc) in professional philosophy and (b) doing philosophy outside of the standard institutional settings.
- I am a member of the APA Committee on the Status of Black Philosophers.
- I am a member of the APA Diversity Institute Advisory Panel.
- I co-founded the Philosophy in an Inclusive Key Institute at Boston. PIKSI Boston is a week-long summer program for underrepresented groups in philosophy. An article was written about its inception here.
- I have presented public workshops on environmental justice and racial justice.
- I helped develop a philosophy program for secondary school students in the Greater Boston Area. The program emphasized logic and environmental justice.
For inquiries, please contact me at kevinrichardsonphd (at) gmail (dot) com.