I am passionate about promoting diversity (specifically, racial diversity) in professional philosophy and academia in general.
- I am a member of the APA Committee on the Status of Black Philosophers.
- I am a member of the APA Diversity Institute Advisory Panel.
- I co-founded the Philosophy in an Inclusive Key Institute at Boston. PIKSI Boston is a week-long summer program for underrepresented groups in philosophy. An article was written about its inception here.
- Each Spring, I speak at NCSU's Building Future Faculty Program, a workshop for grad students and post-docs who are committed to promoting diversity in higher education. (I was a participant in 2015.)
- I give tips and info to minority and first-generation doctoral students via my Twitter account.
- I am currently working on a series of videos that help promote the success of minority and first-generation doctoral students.
For inquiries, please contact me at kevinrichardsonphd (at) gmail (dot) com.