I am passionate about promoting diversity (specifically, racial diversity) in professional philosophy and academia in general.
- I am a member of the APA Committee on the Status of Black Philosophers.
- I am a member of the APA Diversity Institute Advisory Panel.
- I co-founded the Philosophy in an Inclusive Key Institute at Boston. PIKSI Boston is a week-long summer program for underrepresented groups in philosophy. An article was written about its inception here.
- In 2018 and 2019, I was a panelist for NCSU's Building Future Faculty Program, a workshop for grad students and post-docs who are committed to promoting diversity in higher education. (I was a participant in 2015.)
- In 2019, I was a panelist for UNC COMPASS, a two-day workshop for diverse undergraduates and terminal MA students interested in philosophy.